BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS ASSIGNMENT
PROFESSOR M. JONATHAN HAYES Fall, 2016
Pick a public corporation of your choice from the Fortune 500 list which can be found at http://fortune.com/fortune500/wal-mart-stores-inc-1/. Pick one that seems like an interesting company to you. By Friday, August 12, 2016, send me an email with the name of the company you are choosing. I want you to do this so that no two persons pick the same company. Assume that the corporation you have chosen is acceptable. I will let you know immediately if it is not.
After you have chosen your corporation, go on the internet and find it’s most recent 10K Report and most recent Proxy Solicitation Statement.
Send me an email with the following information:
- The name of the company.
- Gross sales for each of the past 2 years (to the nearest million).
- Net income for each of the past 2 years (to the nearest million).
- Most recent stock price (do a google search to get this)
- Total Assets from the most recent balance sheet (to the nearest million dollars). Also, total Liabilities and total Shareholders Equity
- Compute the debt to equity ratio for the company (total debt divided by total equity).
- Total outstanding shares of common stock (to the nearest million).
- Total cap value for the corporation, i.e., the value of the outstanding stock at today’s price.
- Number of persons on the Board of Directors. How many are inside directors, i.e., an officer or employee of the company, and how many outside directors.
- Amount paid to each member of the BOD for being on the Board.
- How many meetings the board had in the most recent year.
- Who is the company’s auditor?
- Who is the Chairperson of the Audit Committee?
Send this information to me by email no later than Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.